Amazon has announced it will offer a 7 day free trial of its Luna cloud game streaming platform to all Mac users starting on Amazon Prime Day June 21 and June 22.
The offer is limited to anyone with an Amazon Prime account and after the trial has finished, the user can choose to keep their subscription active to a cost of $5,99/month.
Amazon Luna is Amazon’s answer to online gaming platforms such as NVIDIA’s GeForce Now For Mac and the incredibly popular Steam gaming platform.
It differs slightly though in that users are able to subscribe to “bundles” of games via channels.
Amazon will also make it possible to subscribe to other channels such as the Ubisoft+ beta channel, which gives access to a wide range of their studio titles for $14,99/month.
The Luna service will be open to all on Mac, iPhone and iPad but also on Windows and Fire TV.
You can also register for Early Access to Amazon Luna here.
In connection with this offer, Amazon has also announced it will be offering a 30% discount on its own Luna Controller during the same period.
- BUILT FOR AMAZON LUNA – Designed to provide an ideal playing experience on Luna, Amazon's cloud gaming service.
- WORKS ACROSS YOUR DEVICES – Windows, Mac, Fire TV, Fire tablet, iPhone, iPad, Chromebook, and Android devices.
- SEAMLESS SCREEN SWITCHING – When playing on Luna, pause your game on one screen then pick up right where you left off on another.
- CONNECT VIA WIFI – Connects directly to Amazon’s custom game servers using Cloud Direct technology for low-latency gameplay.
- CONNECT VIA BLUETOOTH – Use Luna Controller as game controller on any Bluetooth-compatible device.