Among Us has been around since 2018 but has become insanely popular recently due to a number of Twitch users playing it.
Among Us is an online and party game of betrayal based in space for 4-10 players. It’s your job to find out who is the imposter in your crew and vote them out of the game.
It’s available on the Steam gaming platform for Windows, Android and iOS but unfortunately not macOS and there are no plans to release Among Us on Mac.
You May Also Like:
- The Best eGPUs For Gaming On Mac
- The Best Ways To Run Windows on a Mac
- How To Install Windows on a Mac with Boot Camp
- Parallels Review
The best way for Mac users to play Among Us is to run Windows for which there are various different methods.
However, there are only a few ways of installing Windows on a Mac that we can confirm definitely work for playing Among Us which are:
- Using a virtual environment like Parallels. This allows you to run Windows at the same time as macOS so you can switch between the two at any time.
- Using Bootcamp This allows you to install Windows on a partition on your hard drive but you have to choose to boot in either macOS or Windows – you can’t switch between them instantly.
However, Bluestacks will only allow you to play the Android mobile version on your Mac – you can’t play the full Windows version.
If there are other Windows only applications and games that you want to use or play, we definitely recommend installing Windows on your Mac.
If you just want to play Among Us and don’t mind playing the mobile version, then Bluestacks is probably your best option.