XM Markets version of MT4 For Mac works on both macOS Big Sur, Catalina and M1 Macs and here we show you how to install XM Markets MT4 for Mac.
Although other brokers offer MT4 downloads for Mac, XM’s version of MT4 for Mac is the only one that works on the latest 64 bit versions of macOS including M1 Macs.
Although the XM website states that it only works up to macOS Catalina, we can confirm that it also works with macOS Big Sur too.
This is because the XM version of MT4 for Mac is wrapped with Crossover which enables 32 bit apps like MetaTrader to work on 64 bit operating systems such as macOS Big Sur and Catalina as well as M1 Macs.
XM is one of the best forex trading software for Mac around and the XM MT4 app is exactly the same as the Windows version.
Some of the advantages of XM’s MT4 for Mac over other brokers include:
- Over 1000 trading instruments including Forex, CFDs and Futures
- Spreads as low as 0 pip
- Full EA (Expert Advisor) functionality
- 1 Click Trading
- Technical analysis tools with 50 indicators
- 3 Chart Types
- Micro Lot Accounts
- Hedging is allowed
You May Also Like:
Note that before installing MT4 on a Mac using XM Markets, you’ll need to sign-up for an XM account first.
Follow these instructions to install XM Markets MT4 For Mac:
- Download XM MT4 For Mac.
- Open the MetaTrader4.dmg and double click on it to run it.
- Drag it to your Applications folder and open the MetaTrader4 app.
- Right click on “Accounts”, select “Open an Account”
- Click on the + sign to add a new broker
- Type “XM.COM” and press enter
- Select the MT4 server your account is registered on and click Next. Note that you need an XM account to access the server details and you can sign-up for an XM account here.
- Select “Existing trade account” and enter your login and password
- Click Finish
If you want to use MetaTrader Expert Advisors (EA) on your Mac, you’ll also need to set it up.
Here’s how to setup MT4 Expert Advisors on your Mac with XM Markets.
- In Finder, select Go > Go to Folder
- Copy/paste the path below and replace ‘my-user’ with your Mac’s username:
/Users/my-user/Library/Application Support/MetaTrader 4/Bottles/metatrader4/drive_c/Program Files/MetaTrader 4/
- Install Expert Advisors to MQL4/Experts folder and restart the MetaTrader4 so the application can recognize your EAs
- Install Indicators to MQL4/Indicators folder and restart the MetaTrader4 so the application can recognize your Indicators
- You can find log files under log folder
You’ll then see that you can access Expert Advisors in the Navigator Menu on the bottom left of the interface.
Leave a Reply