The latest preview version of Outlook for Mac finally supports IMAP and iCloud accounts so here we show you how to setup an IMAP account with Outlook For Mac.
When the new version of Outlook for Mac was publicly released in October 2020 it did not allow connecting to IMAP or iCloud accounts to retrieve mail.
Now you can finally use IMAP accounts with Outlook for Mac by following these instructions.
- Select Outlook > Preferences > Account.
- Click the plus (+) sign > New Account.
- Type your email address > Continue.
- Type your password > Add Account.
- Depending on your IMAP email provider, you may then be redirected to its website to give Outlook permission to access your mail, contacts, and calendars. Click Allow to continue.
- Select Done to start receiving and sending email from your IMAP account in Outlook for Mac.
If Outlook for Mac is not working with your IMAP account, then you go into the account settings to check that everything is setup correctly.