Autodesk has announced the release of AutoCAD 2023 For Mac and AutoCAD LT 2023 For Mac.
AutoCAD is the best CAD software for Mac on the market for 3D design and the new version of AutoCAD 2023 introduces new streamlined workflows, automation and much faster processing of graphics.
New Features In AutoCAD 2023 For Mac
- Autodesk Trace which simulates using tracing paper over drawings or blueprints to allow designers to copy and make suggested changes. CAD designers can add markup on Trace and see it in context so they can make any responses to it in the DWG file. Autodesk Trace works in real time so any changes made in the field will be seen instantly back in the office. Autodesk Trace is new to both the Windows and Mac desktop version of AutoCAD this year and works both on web and mobile.
- AutoCAD for Mac 2023 features a new count tool which automatically counts blocks or geometry to save time and reduce errors. You can count blocks in an entire blueprint or within a specific user-defined area.
- You can now Share drawings, sketches and blueprints including XREFS and images with anyone from within AutoCAD for Mac including to those using the web app. You can also control the level of shared access such as “view-only” or grant editing privileges depending on who you are sending it to. This works much better that the old XTRANSMIT command in AutoCAD and is easier to use with far more control over sharing.
- A new CUTBASE Command allows you to copy objects to the clipboard and define a specified base point if you want to remove them from a drawing or blueprint.
- A new 3D Graphics Engine to leverage the GPU and CPU power in the new multi-core Macs which makes it faster to work with large blueprints. Effects, lines and curves now appear much clearer in AutoCAD For Mac and it enables enhanced selection and highlighting tools.
Does AutoCAD 2023 Work With M1 Macs?
Despite the addition of a new 3D graphics engine, the release of AutoCAD 2023 does not natively support Apple Silicon M1 Macs.
However, it does work on M1 Macs thanks to Rosetta although this doesn’t optimize usage of the powerful M1 chip.
AutoCAD 2023 For Mac Pricing
Pricing for AutoCAD 2023 for Mac and AutoCAD LT 2023 for Mac is based on either a subscription or “Flex” pay-as-you-go credits system.
A subscription starts at $235 per month for AutoCAD or $1,500 for 500 token usage.
A subscription for AutoCAD LT starts at $60 per month but there’s no Flex pricing option for it yet.
A subscription to both AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT also includes access to the AutoCAD web app and AutoCAD mobile app which work in a browser on any Mac.
If you’re already an AutoCAD for Mac subscriber, you can download the latest version of AutoCAD 2023 from your Autodesk Account.
You can also try a free 30 day trial of AutoCAD 2023 For Mac.
You can also read our full AutoCAD For Mac review for more.
Leave a Reply